Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lost emails

New Poster

Lost emails

My saved emails were in folders in outlook which I thought was being backed up to my computer. I haD to uninstall and reinstall Office yesterday due to a corrupt file during recent Microsoft upgrade.  The folders with the emails are gone and they were not backed up.  Does Comcast have a location where I can retrieve my emails from the past year?

Email Expert

Re: Lost emails

Were the folders IMAP folders, or were they strictly local folders on your pc?  Did you check the webmail interface to see if the folders are there?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi

thank you for responding.  They were local folders and they are not on the webmail interface.  Any idea if Comcast is able to retrieve emails?

Email Expert

@MelanieD1 wrote:

Hi

thank you for responding.  They were local folders and they are not on the webmail interface.  Any idea if Comcast is able to retrieve emails?

From what you are saying, I don't think Comcast can do anything to get those folders back.  If they were not on the server Comcast would have no control over them or the emails in them.  I have to ask-------were you using a backup utility with an external hard drive?

One other thing I can think of, although this is outside my experience---------can you restore your system to an earlier time?  Maybe you could pull them up that way? Someone more familiar with Outlook would know more than me on that score since I've never had Outlook myself.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I took my computer to Microsoft location and they were not able to retrieve the folders.  Restoring to an earlier version will not help.  The folders are not retrievable.  

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation