Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Lost Email Folders Just Disappeared!!!

New Poster

Lost Email Folders Just Disappeared!!!

Around 3-26-15, I was trying to drag an email folder to a different position in the lineup.  As I clicked on it and began to drag, the folder and eight others disappeared into thin air. These are folders that I created.  I did NOT delete them.  I called Comcast. The first technician I talked to worked around and found them somewhere. I was overjoyed. She said that I should be able to drag them into position.  After hanging up, I clicked on one of them.  Poof! All those same folders disappeared again.  I have contacted Comcast about sixteen times since then. I have been through the same procedure with every different technician...none can fix it. So, I was referred to Tier Two...and someone will call me.  I have been lied to, hung up on, never called, told they are working on it, have a work order#, then told it hadn't been processed yet, and so on & so. When they did call back, it was the same message every time.  For half of this time, they kept trying to fix something that wasn't wrong. FINALLY, a technician calls me, tries, & tells me my files are gone.  She refers me to Comcast Security Assurance Group---even less help.  I want to know: If one person found the files and they disappeard since, why can't someone else find them? I was told that they were probably "downloaded".  I think that means they disappeared into thin air. Comcast is so sorry........There has to be a way to save those folders with our important info in them.  I need help...there were over 1,000 documents in my folders.  Any way at all to recover? What about outside services? I am on a business trip minus all my data.  This sucks so big-time!  Why can't email folders be saved to hard disk or something?  I need these folders, is there anything one can do?

Email Expert
Moved:

Re: Lost Email Folders Just Disappeared!!!