Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Loss of the emails in my Comcast sent foder

New Poster

Loss of the emails in my Comcast sent foder

Mr. . . . . , Comcast senior vice president, network and communications engineering, sent me an email on February 20, 2018 telling me: "We're sorry for any trouble with your Xfinity email service." The email said: "We have been migrating to a new email server platrorm. . . . "

I then discovered I had only 15 of the thousands of emails that should have been in my sent folder. Comcast customer service people then told me in essence, "Sorry, they are gone." When they said they would elevate my call to another level of service, I got disconnected, and when the survey call came, it rang only once.

Do I have to accept being blown off that all of my valuable emails are gone -- lost during  Comcast migration? If there was a server migration, can't Comcast get my emails from the former server? They may not want to go to the trouble, but it is very important to me and my business.

Email Expert

Re: Loss of the emails in my Comcast sent foder

I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow up.  You should see a response here in this thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi @WilliamBeermanS,

Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of the issues that have occurred since the migration. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to have the migration completed soon. 

Can you please try right-clicking on the "Trash" folder in your email, then click on "Recover Deleted Items" and let me know if you see anything in there? This is not a resolution to this issue, I just want to see if you do have anything stored in this folder that can be recovered.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Comcast employees have had me check the deleted folder as you request about three times. The deleted folder only had about 80 emails going back only to about December, if I recall correctly. They were no from the Sent folder, if I recall correctly.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation