Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Live Mail constantly freezing (Not responding)

ANSWERED
Contributor

Live Mail constantly freezing (Not responding)

I first want to say that this only happens with Xfinity Mail and not with my Gmail account, so the old notion of uninstalling WLM and doing a clean install is out the window. That being said, I have settings in WLM set up correctly, as I can send and receive email no problem. I have it set as a pop3 account with the correct outgoing & incoming servers and ports. I have WLM instructed to delete messages from the remote server. So, the problem is when I try to delete an email from WLM after I have read it, the computer freezes. I get the old "Not responding" message and have to use Task manager to close WLM. Like I said this only happens with Xfinity email but has never happened with Gmail using the same client WLM.

Accepted Solution

Re: Live Mail constantly freezing (Not responding)

Microsoft is no longer supporting WLM.  That is the sad but real life reality of it.  Read this article from about a year and a half ago-----------------

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2016/jun/02/microsoft-killing-windows-live-mail-what-should-i-do-hotmail-msn-outlook

I would suggest you switch to Outlook, Thunderbird or some other client.  But if you really want to persist with WLM for a while, try deleting the Comcast account and re-creating it from scratch.  No guarantees.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Re: Live Mail constantly freezing (Not responding)

Microsoft is no longer supporting WLM.  That is the sad but real life reality of it.  Read this article from about a year and a half ago-----------------

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2016/jun/02/microsoft-killing-windows-live-mail-what-...

I would suggest you switch to Outlook, Thunderbird or some other client.  But if you really want to persist with WLM for a while, try deleting the Comcast account and re-creating it from scratch.  No guarantees.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon