New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Legitimate emails being marked as SPAM

New Poster

Legitimate emails being marked as SPAM

Good Afternoon,

I'm having trouble where legitimate emails are being marked as SPAM.  Initially I thought the sender's email address was flagged/blacklisted; but, after poking around here I discovered that SPAM messages are discarded by defualt in Comcast mailboxes.  Once I allowed SPAM to go to the SPAM folder I can see the emails I am expecting.

I tried the "Not SPAM" link; but, the next email they send kept going to my spam folder.

After some more poking arounf here I found this, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Legitimate-emails-being-marked-as-spam/...

So I sent a test email to my Comcast.net email address from an external (work email) address and it too gets marked as spam.  It seems that the trouble is not that the sender is blacklisted; but, that they are sending an email with a URL in the body that the SPAM filter does not like.

The domain is 

www.cummingswealth.com and the senders are both sending from @cummingswealth.com email addresses.  This is a legitimate business that I work with and need to be able to email.  Is it possible to whitelist this url?  Is there a reason its triggering a SPAM rule?

Thanks for any help!

-Steve

Official Employee

Re: Legitimate emails being marked as SPAM

StuckXJ wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I'm having trouble where legitimate emails are being marked as SPAM.  Initially I thought the sender's email address was flagged/blacklisted; but, after poking around here I discovered that SPAM messages are discarded by defualt in Comcast mailboxes.  Once I allowed SPAM to go to the SPAM folder I can see the emails I am expecting.

I tried the "Not SPAM" link; but, the next email they send kept going to my spam folder.

After some more poking arounf here I found this, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Legitimate-emails-being-marked-as-spam/...

So I sent a test email to my Comcast.net email address from an external (work email) address and it too gets marked as spam.  It seems that the trouble is not that the sender is blacklisted; but, that they are sending an email with a URL in the body that the SPAM filter does not like.

The domain is 

www.cummingswealth.com and the senders are both sending from @cummingswealth.com email addresses.  This is a legitimate business that I work with and need to be able to email.  Is it possible to whitelist this url?  Is there a reason its triggering a SPAM rule?

Thanks for any help!

-Steve

I'll take a look.

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

ComcastAntiSpam wrote:

StuckXJ wrote:

Good Afternoon,

The domain is 

Thanks for any help!

-Steve

I'll take a look.

ComcastDaveL

Shold be ok now.   That domain was being seen in messages reported as spam, so I can't guarantee that if it generates a lot more spam reports that it won't get reblocked.  

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

So far so good, I'm going to have them try to resend what the office was tryign to get to me.

Thanks for the quick reply!

New Poster

I have this happen ALL the time, with many different domains. I keep marking messages that have been sent to the Spam folder as "Not Spam," but they keep ending up there, even if the sender address is in my address book. How can I get the filter to learn? Other email systems do this automatically. 

I missed two important work messages the other day because they suddenly started going into Spam.

Any tips? I really don't want to add a hundred addresses manually to some filter.

Thanks,

Jen