Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Legit emails keep getting marked as spam

Most Valued Poster

Legit emails keep getting marked as spam

I use Outlook as my email client and don't really have a need to go to Comcast web mail unless I am on a computer somewhere other than home and have noticed that lots of email that used to download to Outlook is being marked as spam so now I go there more often. I have read many posts on the forums that say that when we mark a message as 'not spam', Comcast spam filters 'learn' from this. How many times do I have to mark them as 'not spam' before this works? From what I understand the process is dependent on all users marking the same senders as not spam and that is a terrible process as we are all different in what we want to see or not see.  Lately I  have not been getting email via Outlook that is  from the Plenti card  which is certainly NOT spam. Same with email from Ross stores and some others that I have signed up to receive their email. I mark them as not spam and then mark as 'safe senders' in Outlook but its not an Outlook issue as they never download. Why can't users be in control of what we consider 'not spam' and once we mark it allow it to always be in the the inbox on our individual accounts? Having Comcast determine what is spam is a good thing in general but more and more legit email is being marked as spam. I want to be in control of what I see in the inbox vs the spam folder. Its very frustrating to miss legit emails that are time sensitive like the Plenti card and sales at retail stores. I don't think I should have to check Comcast webmail all the time to find legit email and mark as not spam so they will download to Outlook.

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Legit emails keep getting marked as spam

CALL:

Comcast Customer Security Assurance: 1-888-565-4329 (7 days a week from 6AM to 2PM ET), http://security.comcast.net/get-help/contact-comca​st-security.aspx.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Most Valued Poster

CCCarole wrote:

CALL:

Comcast Customer Security Assurance: 1-888-565-4329 (7 days a week from 6AM to 2PM ET), http://security.comcast.net/get-help/contact-comca​st-security.aspx.

What are they going to do to help? Its the Comcast spam process that is creating this problem so what is the security team going to do? I want more info please before I call them.

Gold Problem Solver

TerriB wrote: ... Its the Comcast spam process that is creating this problem so what is the security team going to do? ...

If email from those senders is being blocked improperly then CSA can fix it. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Personally, I have turned off Comcast's spam filters so that everything is delivered to the Inbox. It's a bit more work that way, but at least I don't have to wonder what Comcast's spam filtering is hiding from me.

It sounds like you are using the POP protocol with Outlook. If so, you might consider switching to IMAP.