Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Keeping my email address after switching to Verizon

New Poster

Keeping my email address after switching to Verizon

I have signed up for Verizon. Their rep told me to call Comcast the day of intallment to inform Comcast I wish to keep my Comcast email address. I spoke with a Comcast rep today, and am not sure I understand her explanation. She basically said I can continue using my email account so long as (1) I use it at least once a month, and (2) access it by entering my email address (?) I'm not sure if it will continue to be on my "Outlook" program in my computer. Please advise.

Service Expert

Re: Keeping my email address after switching to Verizon

ReeSr wrote:

I have signed up for Verizon. Their rep told me to call Comcast the day of intallment to inform Comcast I wish to keep my Comcast email address. I spoke with a Comcast rep today, and am not sure I understand her explanation. She basically said I can continue using my email account so long as (1) I use it at least once a month, and (2) access it by entering my email address (?) I'm not sure if it will continue to be on my "Outlook" program in my computer. Please advise.

Yes, you can keep your email address.  You won't have a problem downloading your email to your Outlook client.  To be on the safe side, periodically login to your webmail just as you would any other time by going to the Comcast homepage.

"When a customer disconnects or downgrades Internet and/or Voice service and has accessed their Comcast.net email at least once in the 90 days before doing so, they will automatically receive an email letting them know that we are keeping their email address active.

Their email account will remain active as long as it is accessed at least once every nine months.
This change applies to both active primary and secondary email addresses.
Customers can opt to permanently close their email account via My Account, if they wish to do so."

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Keeping my email address after switching to Verizon