Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed password yesterday

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed password yesterday

Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are Out of Date". I changed my password yesterday and is still continuing. All settings look fine to me. Is this a scam?  Thank You!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed passw

Problem Fixed - findly found an 'unknown' sender from Outlook - had to look under Outlook diligently as didn't show in Outlook emails, BUT finally found it with gray box saying this! It was SPOOF/Scam email! Any options instead of Outlook for using MicroSoft Edge - don't like Outlook at all! Never use for emails but it seems I have to use Outlook to sign into my desktop and  Nothing to do with ComCast. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed passw

We need more detail; where are you seeing this message\?  Does it actually say "Comcast account setting are out of date"?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Problem Fixed - findly found an 'unknown' sender from Outlook - had to look under Outlook diligently as didn't show in Outlook emails, BUT finally found it with gray box saying this! It was SPOOF/Scam email! Any options instead of Outlook for using MicroSoft Edge - don't like Outlook at all! Never use for emails but it seems I have to use Outlook to sign into my desktop and  Nothing to do with ComCast. 

Service Expert

@bumpsnwarts1234 wrote:

I don't have to use anything to sign into my Win10 computers; just my Microsoft Account.  Is that what you mean?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed password

Yes I think I found another app Windows 10 mail (email) so i just deleted all accounts from it. I was just going to play with it any way.
the messages were in the Windows 10 Notifications saying just Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date". 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation