members

topics

Is this email legit?

ANSWERED
New Poster

Is this email legit?

Is this a legit email address?

spa @ alerts.comcast.net

The email seems phish-y, but I don't want to click any of the links to see if it takes me to a pay screen or a screen looking for username and passward info. It was sent to my personal account, not my comcast account, but I don't think that is super unusual since my bill gets sent to my personal email address. But because of this, I can't see if it's a verified sender.

Accepted Solution

Re: Is this email legit?

So... in general, just asking about the FROM address isn't typically accurate because they can be spoofed. (But yes, spa @ alerts.comcast.net is a real address.)

I did a little digging, and based on what I can see on the backend Yes, that is a legitmate email you are asking about. 

If you need any further information feel free to DM me. (hover over my name and click "Send Message")

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Is this email legit?

So... in general, just asking about the FROM address isn't typically accurate because they can be spoofed. (But yes, spa @ alerts.comcast.net is a real address.)

I did a little digging, and based on what I can see on the backend Yes, that is a legitmate email you are asking about. 

If you need any further information feel free to DM me. (hover over my name and click "Send Message")

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation