Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is there a way to retrieve an email draft that was lost when I went into my address book?

Regular Visitor

Is there a way to retrieve an email draft that was lost when I went into my address book?

I composed a long email but switched windows to the address book check on an address and lost the draft. Is there a way to retrieve it?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Is there a way to retrieve an email draft that was lost when I went into my address book?

Do you have your email settings set to save drafts?  If not, and you didn't click on save draft on the toolbar I think youbarevautomatically of lock.

To see if you have the option set up, go tontgevInbox,malicious on Preferences , then click on EMAIL.  All yourvsettingsvcome up.  Go to COMPOSING and see if save drafts is on.  If not, turn it on so it is available next time.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

Re: Is there a way to retrieve an email draft that was lost when I went into my address book?

Thanks for trying to help. I did not have save drafts automatically set in my preferences so the message was lost. I have now changed that setting.