Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Is there a way to change the date range of emails to be available?

Frequent Visitor

Is there a way to change the date range of emails to be available?

I was just looking for an email receipt that was sent on 5/8/18.  I can't remember the name of the seller but I thought I could find it by looking for what date I know it was received.  I didn't delete it but when I access my email through Comcast web services, it won't let me search past May 15th.  Is there a way to change a setting so that I can look further back?

Thanks.

Email Expert

Re: Is there a way to change the date range of emails to be available?

Did you try just scrolling down the list to see if you can spot it?  Also, how did you run a search for the date?  When you do a search, make sure you are searching the folder you want, or all folders by looking to the right end of the search field.  You can change it by clicking on the down arrow.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I searched my in box for the name of the sender, in various forms.  I did scroll through every email that appears before performing a search.  That was why I wondered if I could get older messages to appear.  It stops at May 15th and I believe the message I am looking for is around May 9th or 10th.  That was why I wondered if I could change the dates to allow older messages to be searched.  Maybe it just isn't possible with web mail.  I have way more messages on my computer at home than appear in my Comcast web mail.  I am at work and my only option was web mail so I thought I'd see if maybe I simply needed to change a setting to allow older messages to appear.  

Thanks for responding.

Email Expert

I'm not sure what being at work has to do with anything.  If you sign into the webmail at home can you see all your emails normally?  Or are you using a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird or something?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Sorry.  I use Mail on my iMac desktop.

Frequent Visitor

P.S.

This is what I mean:  I just found the email on my iPad in my “Mail” app, yet I was not able to find it using Comcast web mail from the Xfinity site while at work today.  As you first suggested, I was simply scrolling through all emails using web mail but it didn’t show up; then I tried searching all messages for the name of the person with still no results and even though I knew that on my Apple devices at home, the email was most definitely there, I could not find it by searching for it using Xfinity/Comcast web services today. The message is from May 6th and I found it easily on my iPad once I got home yet I was unable to view any messages older than May 15th using my Windows computer and the web mail which led me to think maybe I needed to tell it to allow older messages to appear. I guess it’ll remain a mystery. I’m just glad I found it at home.  This is not the first time it’s happened either.

Anyway, I appreciate your effort to help. Thanks again.

Email Expert

In either Mac Mail on the iMac, or in the Mail app that comes with iOS on the iPad, do you have the account configured using the POP3 protocol instead of IMAP?  From what you are describing, it sounds like one of them is downloading the emails and then deleting them from the server, which is the default behavior with POP3.  With IMAP, everything is synced among the multiple devices and anything you do to an email on any one of them is reflected on all the others.

Comcast accounts are IMAP compliant by default, and Mac Mail or Mail in iOS should auto-configure them for you when you first enable the account in them.  So check the server settings and see which protocol you are using on each device.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Wow, I had no idea.  Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a try.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation