Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Is it possible to set preventative measure to prevent from hitting the data cap?

New Poster

Is it possible to set preventative measure to prevent from hitting the data cap?

I recently received a notification from Xfinity saying that I am about to hit my data limit. I was wondering if it is possible to change a setting that would just prevent me from browsing the internet once I hit my cap.

Also, in a related question, I received this notification at the end of the month (5/27/18). Does this mean that I am at my limit for May or will it follow my billing cycle--for example, if my bill is due on the 5th of each month?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

Service Expert

Re: Is it possible to set preventative measure to prevent from hitting the data cap?

@User5280 wrote:

I recently received a notification from Xfinity saying that I am about to hit my data limit. I was wondering if it is possible to change a setting that would just prevent me from browsing the internet once I hit my cap.

Also, in a related question, I received this notification at the end of the month (5/27/18). Does this mean that I am at my limit for May or will it follow my billing cycle--for example, if my bill is due on the 5th of each month?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

Data is determined from the 1st of the month until the last day of the month.

If you're afraid of going over your limit you can always enroll in the Unlimited plan for $50 a month more.  Otherwise, it's $10 per a 50 GB unit until you reach a maximum of $200.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation