Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is it possible to change your primary Xfinity username

New Poster

Is it possible to change your primary Xfinity username

I have a secondary username from an old account that I've used as my email address for 6 years.  I just set up a new account in my name and was assigned a primary username.  I want to change my primary username to my old secondary username.  Is that possible?

Valued Contributor

Re: Is it possible to change your primary Xfinity username

barttate6868 wrote:

I have a secondary username from an old account that I've used as my email address for 6 years.  I just set up a new account in my name and was assigned a primary username.  I want to change my primary username to my old secondary username.  Is that possible?

Create an additional email account with the name you want to use, if it is available.

Make the new email account the primary on your Comcast account.

Service Expert

Re: Is it possible to change your primary Xfinity username

Yes, it is possible to change the username.

However, changing it to the name you have been using for 6 years may or not work. It depends on several factors.

1) If the user is a secondary account under someone else's Comcast account and that account is still active, he/she can release the name to you and your account. The account holder will have to call Comcast in order to do that. If the name is released you might have to call Comcast in order to get back. IF this is done and you use Xfinity Connect for email access, it is possible that during the transition any emails you have will be deleted from the server, as well as your address book. If you use an email client everything is stored on your computer and will not be lost.

2) If the account has been cancelled and it has been more than 90 days the name may be in the available name pool. If less than 90 days you can call Comcast to get the name back. I suspect the account has not been cancelled since you say you have been using it and that implies you are still using it.

Also, there is no need to create another user account. All you have to do is sign in to My Account as the primary user account holder and use the Change user name option.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon