Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Iphone 6 not syncing with laptop

New Poster

Iphone 6 not syncing with laptop

I want to be able to check my email on my iphone6 and delete the junk messages and not have to delete them again when I'm on my laptop.  I've gone through the community forums, and my settings seem to be correct except for some of the numbers.  My phone is set to POP which I believe is correct, and the incoming number seems to be correct, but the outgoing is different.  Help me to be able to better manage my time!!

Email Expert

Re: Iphone 6 not syncing with laptop

When accessing your email from multiple devices, the protocol of choice is IMAP.  With that, everything is synced from one device to the other, and if you delete a message on one it's also deleted on the other.  POP does not have that capability.  When you enable a Comcast account in an app or desktop client, they will auto-detect it as IMAP compliant by default and should auto-configure it for you accordingly after you input your credentials.  You should find this of interest-------------------

https://askleo.com/what_is_imap_and_how_can_it_help_me_manage_my_email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon