New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ipad mini

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Ipad mini

All of a sudden my Ipad mini is having connection issues.  I have rebooted the Ipad, rebooted my Xfinity router, disconnected from wi-fi and reconnected and still have the problem.  It won't connect to the internet or the App store.  Safari finally comes up and says cannot connect as the server stopped responding.  In the App store I have a white screen except at the bottom yet it doesn't allow me to tap on anything.  Up until a couple days ago this same Ipad was working fine and connecting as it should. I have 3 other computers and another Ipad all that are working fine on the same Wi-fi.  I thought the problem was with the Ipad so I went to the Apple store yesterday and it worked perfectly fine, it could access the internet, the app store etc.  That indicates to me it is a Comcast issue.  I have seen where others are having the same issue and it has been going on for quite some time.  How can I get this Ipad working again.  I pay a lot of money to Comcast and I am not happy that I am having this issue.

Accepted Solution

Re: Ipad mini

The next step would be to swap the gateway for a newer dual band model.  You will see the 862 has a boatload of issues on the forum with it's wifi.

You can find your local Comcast office at this link.

http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

View answer in context
Cable Expert

It would help if you posted the Comcast gateway model.

Did the Apple tech reset the networking settings on the ipad?  

Settings / reset / reset network settings.  Do that first.

Next, maybe you should swap out the Comcast gateway and get a dual band model.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes, the Apple Store did a network reset and I had also tried that myself.  My router is a Comcast Arris TG862 Gateway

Cable Expert

The next step would be to swap the gateway for a newer dual band model.  You will see the 862 has a boatload of issues on the forum with it's wifi.

You can find your local Comcast office at this link.

http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.  I am quite sure it is the router as I brought the Ipad to work today and connected to their wifi and it worked fine. I will go to one of the stores and swap it out.

Frequent Visitor

For anyone else having this problem, I thought I would post I got a new dual band router and it seems to have solved my issue as the iPad mini is now working fine.