Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Internet explorer won't let me download the Adobe macromedia flash.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4 (701 Views)

Internet explorer won't let me download the Adobe macromedia flash.

How do I change my internet options so I can get internet explorer to let me download Adobe Macromedia flash player? I get the message from Adobe that installation was complete, but then I get the info bar from internet explorer that says it wouldn't let installation the complete because the active X is unsafe.
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 2 of 4 (693 Views)

Re: Internet explorer won't let me download the Adobe macromedia flash.

sunny121 wrote:
How do I change my internet options so I can get internet explorer to let me download Adobe Macromedia flash player? I get the message from Adobe that installation was complete, but then I get the info bar from internet explorer that says it wouldn't let installation the complete because the active X is unsafe.

It sounds like whatever security program you are using has blocked ActiveX, which not such a bad thing, btw.  However, without knowing what you are using it's hard to tell you exactly how to allow the Adobe to run.

mady
Honi soit qui mal y pense

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4 (687 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I finally figured it out with some digging on the Adobe support site. I had to uninstall the flash player then reinstall it & now it works great!
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 4 of 4 (676 Views)

Good detective work, and what I would have suggested.  This is a common solution to your common problem.  You often have to uninstall it and reinstall the latest downloaded version it to get it to work.