online now

discussions

Internet explorer always showing "Not Responding" in Windows Task Manager

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2 (4,086 Views)

Internet explorer always showing "Not Responding" in Windows Task Manager

A month or so ago I received a notice that Comcast cancelled my Norton Security. I downloaded Constant (or Complete) Guard from Comcast.net and I have been having problems ever since. It takes hours to get on to 1 website. The Windows Task Manager shows 2 internet listings with Status "Not responding" and will remain that way all day. I have to end the browser wait for dumps and try again. I may have to repeat this process 5 or 10 times. I cancel ComcastSpy and IDVault from admin, stop Norton firewall and sometimes I can get a webpage. Often, I reboot and repeat same process until it works. Now, I've tried removiing Constant Guard but the computer freezes completely and I have to reboot. This has been going on for a month!

1 REPLY
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 2 (4,052 Views)

Re: Internet explorer always showing "Not Responding" in Windows Task Manag

You might want to read this post and follow the advice given there.

Re: constant guard slowing my computer

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program