Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Individual Emails do not open in Windows 8.1 with A Touch Screen

Regular Visitor

Individual Emails do not open in Windows 8.1 with A Touch Screen

I cannot open individual emails in my Xfinity email account using the touch screen.  Using my touch screen I am able to log in, and change the view to the full email list, but when I attempt to screen-click on any one of the listed emails they will not open.  If I start to use my mouse in the same session they do open.  I have this issue with two different laptops with touch screens, Windows 8.1, and Internet Explorer 11.  Changing to the compatibility view in IE does nothing.  I also have the same problem on both machines using Firefox (Version 26.0) as my browser; the touch screen will not open the emails, the mouse will.  I am using the browsers to go to Xfinity.comcast.net to log into my account.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Individual Emails do not open in Windows 8.1 with A Touch Screen

Which laptop/ model?

Have you checked all your touchpad settings in Control panel?
CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

The one machine that I'm the most concerned about is a Dell XPS 15 9530. I have checked all the touchpad (Synaptics) settings; nothing's unusual. Comcast email is the only page I've had problems with.
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem with a new Dell XPS 18.Has there been an answer to this?

New Poster

I have a brand new HP laptop/touchscreen computer...and the only page I have trouble with is my comcast mail. I cannot open individual emails by touch. What can I do to remedy this?