Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Incoming Comcast Emails Being Delayed 30 minutes to 12 hours!

New Poster

Incoming Comcast Emails Being Delayed 30 minutes to 12 hours!

Hi,

Long time Comcast customer here. We pay our bill on time every month. Good customers.

For the last week or so, any emails incoming to my Comcast email addresses are delayed anywhere from 30 minutes all the way up to 12 hours delayed!

I have tested this theory and sent emails to and from my Comcast email address via my Hotmail, and vice versa. The hotmail always receives messages immediately.

So, apparently my Comcast-originated emails are sending fine, but the incoming messages are delayed for some reason.

This is a problem that is big enough for me to consider another provider, as I depend on my Comcast email for my work. My boss isn't too keen on being ignored for hours at a time, and I'm not too keen on not receiving reports, etc. on time. This is going to cost me my job if it doesn't get straightened out.

It's embarrassing to have to use a Hotmail for professional work and explain to my boss that my Comcast is unreliable. It makes me look unreliable. Lastly, the incoming emails are from a VERY large, VERY well known online retailer based out of the Seattle area. If Comcast is blocking those, or otherwise delaying them, that is a pretty big problem.

Is there some kind of issue going on? Can I get some kind of credit. I could show you at least 20 emails over the past 5 days that have been delayed.

Email Expert

Re: Incoming Comcast Emails Being Delayed 30 minutes to 12 hours!

I've escalated this to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should hear back from one of them in this thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Incoming Comcast Emails Being Delayed 30 minutes to 12 hours!

Hi, rela99  - I will need to investigate your issue further. Could you please send me examples you have in a private message? I'd also need your account information (name, address, phone number). 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation