Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Inbound Emails not getting through

New Poster

Inbound Emails not getting through

A large number of emails sent to Comcast.net accounts are not getting through to the account.  These include emails sent from other Comcast.net accounts.  Some emails sent from an account get through; others from the same account do not.  Some with attachment get thru; others don't.  Test emails generate auto delivery receipts so they must be reaching the server. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Inbound Emails not getting through

Down here in Chicago for at least 3 accounts we have. How do we report these outages to Comcast?

New Poster

Re: Inbound Emails not getting through

My email receive problems started Dec 09th.

I have spent three days dealing with India clueless Comcast support people. One of my accounts started reporting server connection error.

Complete no help from them. Also they lie that I would receive support call within 24h and next day state within 24 to 74 hours. Still no call.

So I decided to poke around myself.

After many different attempts I made new account entry in my Outlook and configured manually from scratch using Comcast recommended settings. I was able to log in and receive my emails finally.

Comcast apparently switched settings needed to log in without informing customers. They might be dropping support for old setup on some servers.

New settings require change from POP3 to IMAP which is only possible by creating new account in Outlook.

Probably will have to recreate settings for my other accounts soon.

BTW: I had opportunity to take a test drive of their new email interface. Boy what a piece of $#it that is.