New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Importing email contact list to comcast from a .csv file

ANSWERED
New Poster

Importing email contact list to comcast from a .csv file

I am trying, without success, to import a .csv file to my comcast address book. I called business services and they said they won't help me as this isn't an issue with Comcast email itself. Really? Anyway, here is what I did.
I save my 900 plus email contacts as a .csv file. Then I did the following:
I went to build your address book > choose file > upload >
I then get a message that pops up in red letters saying "Please specify a valid file".
I clicked on the Download a blank file template, but that looks like something I can't decipher. Do all of the headers need to be filled in order for the .csv file to be downloaded?
I should tell you that I am on Mac, but that should make a difference, since I am importing to Comcast email. I also switched the Preferences to the light version and followed the same process, with no luck.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

A tech person I know asked if someone at Comcast can send the blank template file that I need?

Accepted Solution

Re: Importing email contact list to comcast from a .csv file

Hello,

I understand that you are having issues in importing your contacts. To further assist you with this, please send us an email at help@sv.comcast.com.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Queen

Comcast Silicon Valley

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello,

I understand that you are having issues in importing your contacts. To further assist you with this, please send us an email at help@sv.comcast.com.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Queen

Comcast Silicon Valley

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you very much for your help in this matter. It has been resolved and I was able to move 900 contacts into my new account using the .csv file.

New Poster

??? I have the same issue and clicking on the lovely box "Solved. Go to Solution." does exactly nothing.

I guess I will email sv.comcast.com, like you did.

New Poster

I'm getting the message "please specify a valid file" when I try to upload contacts using a CSV file type.  The Comcast technican said my file was too large.  I reduced the file to only one record and I still get the same message

Email Expert

Try going directly to the Plaxo website, and use your Comcast user name and password to get into your address book that way.  They provide the Comcast address book.  Then try to do the import from there---------------

http://www.plaxo.com/?src=

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Your solution worked perfectly.  Thank you very much.  I hope the comcast tech folks, including the second level support, read and learn from this forum!

New Poster

I have been having the same problem with importing a CSV file into Xfinity email address book. I have downloaded the Plexo program and followed the instructions to upload the contacts, choose CSV files and select the file to upload, but there is no upload button on the window. I have downoaded the sample excel file and my file is set up the same way, but still no upload button. So that does not work for some reason.