Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Import gmail contacts to Xfinity

New Poster

Import gmail contacts to Xfinity

How do I import my gmail contacts into my Xfinity address book, using the import icon under the Xfinity Address book?   When I click on the gmail import icon I get a pop-up screen that says "OAuth 1.0 has been replaced by OAuth 2.0 as of April 20, 2015. You must migrate to OAuth 2.0 as soon as possible" How do I do that?

Email Expert

Re: Import gmail contacts to Xfinity

I'm not sure about what this means, but I get the same message if I initiate an import from Gmail to Comcast.  To save yourself some aggravation until that gets sorted out, you can just export your contacts from Gmail to your desktop as a .csv file, and then import it into Comcast.  You could also use vCard if you prefer.  In the Gmail account, navigate to your contacts.  You should see a pop-up asking you if you want to go to the "Old Contacts".  Click on that.  I'm guessing the "new" address book in Gmail is what is causing the first error message.  

Once you are in the old contacts, at the top of the list click on "More", and then on "Export".  The next popup you see will ask you what you want to export, and what format you want to use.  Click on the one for Outlook compatible .csv.  Then hit Export, and it should send your contacts to whatever you use for your downloads folder.  Then you should be able to import it into Comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks very much. I will try that. Do you know if that will give me a duplicate for everyone that I had previously imported from Gmail?
Email Expert

As far as I know, yes.  If you already have an entry for a contact, then importing it again will duplicate it.  It won't overwrite it.  But if that happens, there is a feature in the Comcast address book that lets you check for duplicates and delete any you don't want to keep.  But keep in mind that if you have a contact also entered into a group you create, it will see that as a duplicate.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon