Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

If Plaxo address book is expiring Dec 31, 2017, does comcast have an alternative?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

If Plaxo address book is expiring Dec 31, 2017, does comcast have an alternative?

Ater getting an email advising that Plaxo is gone after 12/31/17, I contacted customer service to ask about an alternative address book format.  They don't have any answers.  How disgusting to have something customers like & then take it away without a substitute.  I rely on my Address Book for many reasons.  Anyone know what is going on?

Accepted Solution

Re: If Plaxo address book is expiring Dec 31, 2017, does comcast have an alternative?

benlo wrote:

When is the new email format? I haven't heard anything about it. 

The new format software is provided by a different vendor--------Appsuite.  It looks a lot different than the old one.  Here is the old format from Zimbra------------------

Old Email Format.jpg

The new Appsuite format looks like this--------------------

New Format.jpg

There is no knowing when you will be migrated.  They've been rolling it out for over a year and a half now.  It will just happen when they get around to you.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Re: If Plaxo address book is expiring Dec 31, 2017, does comcast have an alternative?

When you are migrated to the new email format, it has it's own address book, and the information from the Plaxo version should migrate along with your email.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Email Expert

benlo wrote:

The new format software is provided by a different vendor--------Appsuite.  It looks a lot different than the old one.  Here is the old format from Zimbra------------------

Old Email Format.jpg

The new Appsuite format looks like this--------------------

New Format.jpg

There is no knowing when you will be migrated.  They've been rolling it out for over a year and a half now.  It will just happen when they get around to you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the clarification.