Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Icons wrong in Zimbra email client

Frequent Visitor

Icons wrong in Zimbra email client

(1) For the past several days, the icons in my mail client on Xfinity Email (Zimbra) are wrong. On the same computer, if I log out as me and log in as my wife, the icons are correct. See attached image. How do I reset the icons in my specific subaccount so that they are correct?

(2) For at least 3 months, if I only CLOSE my browser w/o signing off of email, then reopen the browser and log in to Xfinity Email (Zimbra) the email opens in to whichever account was last active, even though I log in with the proper ID and PW for a different account. In other words, if I am logged in as 'A', then exit the browser, when I reopen the browser and access email, if I login as 'B' I am returned to the account last opened, i.e, 'A'. In fact, when I do login as 'B', the header says 'Welcome B', but I am nonetheless in the 'A' email account. I must then 'Sign Out' and relogin as 'B' in order to get to 'B' email.

(Using VISTA, SP2, with IE 9.0.8112 - the lastest version available for VISTA.  Yes,. I know I should upgrade, but I hate Windows 8......)

Icons.jpg
Email Expert

Re: Icons wrong in Zimbra email client

First, try clearing out the cache/browsing history in IE if you haven't already.  Or at least go in there and clear out any Comcast cookies.

You could also try using another browser-------Firefox or Chrome--------and see if you can duplicate the issue that way.  If it works as it should with another browser you will at least know it's something specific to IE.  While there could be something else going on, this sounds like a typical browser related problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Icons wrong in Zimbra email client

Thanks for the feedback on my issue #2.  Unfortunately, I do see the same issue with CHROME as I do with IE9.   And I have tried cleaning my cookie cache - that still doesn't resolve the problem.

Also, I should point out that this is sporadic.  It will often be several days where the problem does NOT occur, but then unexpectedly the issue will return.   As noted in my original message, as long as we use the 'Log Out' choice before closing our browser, we can prevent the problem.  But if not, something mysterious is keeping the prior user 'logged in' even when closing the browser.

Finally, to reiterate, what is REALLY puzzling is that the ComCast site doesn't automatically keep us logged in -- we are forced to enter USERID/PW the next time we navigate to the URL, but even after putting in credentials for account 'A', the email for account 'B' is what actually opens, and yet at the top of the screen it says 'Welcome A'......   just too crazy for me!

Any thoughts on issue #1 which is also still occurring?