Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

IP address blocked for a minute

Regular Visitor

IP address blocked for a minute

I have a hosting account where I maintain a few websites, all with very low activitiy. While editing one site from the site's admin panel, I frequently end up with the site being unresponsive (Secure Connection Failed, Problem Loading Page, etc.) for about a minute. In fact, I cannot access anything on the IP address of the server: any website hosted there, FTP access, even cPanel. I can access all of it using my phone over the cell network. After about a minute, all goes back to normal.

I used multiple devices on my network, each with a different OS, and  five different browsers. Same result.

None of the router settings to filter, throttle, block, or otherwise interfere with an address or service is enabled.

It looks like Comcast is holding up access for some reason. Where do I go from here?

Email Expert

Re: IP address blocked for a minute

This looks like something the forum admins can follow up on, so I've escalated it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you!

Official Employee

Hi, MannyPitta. I can help look into what's causing the hiccups with your IP address. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, address, the phone number associated with your account, and the affected website/domain name? To send me a private message click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon