Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

IMAP in Mac mail

New Poster

IMAP in Mac mail

Hi, could you please tell me how I can set up my Comcast account in Mac mail as an IMAP account. I already have the credentials to do so, but on my new Mac the process I used to use to "trick" it into thinking Comcast is an IMAP account will not work. Please also tell me why Comcast continues to use POP as default? It is maddening to have to maintain my Comcast email account on the many devices I use, and I am sure most of your customers are in the same boat. On behalf of the sanity of all of your email customers, I beg you to switch to IMAP!

Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: IMAP in Mac mail

go to: https://xcsignup.comcast.net/imap_settings.html

and click Mac Mail at the bottom of the page.

Follow those instructions and let us know how you make out.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This worked. Thanks a million!

New Poster

On Tuesday 11.11.14 I set up new emails with Xfinity IMAP settings on my Dell PC, my iPad and my IPhone 6.  It is now 11.15.14 and the devices are not synching - that is, emails deleted from my PC are still appearing on my iPad and iPhone.  ANTHONY can you help??

New Poster

I just completed (and checked/corrected) my implementation of this procedure and I keep getting a message that Mail cannot access the account. It continually asks for the password for "test@example.com." I try both the "1111" and my real password to no avail. What gives and what do I do?

Dante

New Poster

P.S. to my post: the Mail preference advanced menu continually changes the port entry from 993 to 143.

Dante

Email Expert

I have an iMac and am using Mail.  Comcast is now IMAP compliant since the OP in this thread, so it's a little out of date.  iOS devices now detect Comcast accounts as IMAP, but OS X might still be seeing them as POP by default.  So do this------you need to "trick" Mail during the set-up.  When you get to the page where it asks you for the password, type in some junk other than the real password---anything will do as long as it's not the actual password.  It will take a few seconds and then come back and tell you the account has to be manually configured.  Once that happens, go ahead and enter the necessary information.  The settings are here-------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon