Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I send email with blind cc and email to me ends up in spam and does not go to recipients - it is not spam

Regular Visitor

I send email with blind cc and email to me ends up in spam and does not go to recipients - it is not spam

I send email with blind cc and email to me ends up in spam and does not go to recipients - it is not spam.  This is for volunteer work and not spam and yet emails don't get to destination.  what do I do?

Email Expert

Re: I send email with blind cc and email to me ends up in spam and does not go to recipients - it is not spam

Call Comcast security and ask if there is a blocking issue for the domain you are sending to----------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: I send email with blind cc and email to me ends up in spam and does not go to recipients - it is not spam

Thank you for suggestion.  Actually since I posted my initial comment, I looked at other forum questions that seemed similar.  They suggested contacting comcast to see if account is blocked too.  So I did so and lo and behold my account was blocked by comcast and they unblocked it.  but they said to send group emails for my volunteering like I do I should use service which allows recipients to opt out (as they may hit spam button otherwise) and encourage recipients to add my email to their address books.  I should also remove live links in the emails as urls could be categorized as spam.  If I don't do these things I'm end up blocked again by comcast let alone servers for some of my recipients.  

Do people recommend mail chimp for non-profits to allow opting out and organize contacts at no charge? how about using a gmail or yahoo account to send the emails again at no change? other ideas? I should stop using comcast to send the emails I think.  I am not a spammer.

Email Expert

Here's the thing-------it gets really sticky when you start talking about mailing lists, because spam filtering programs at different email providers treat mass emails differently, and it's a good chance you could end up on a blocked list again.  Mail Chimp might be a good option for you, and there may be others.  In this forum we deal with residential accounts.  You might want to look into a business class account with Comcast if you want to stick with them for this purpose.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon