Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I have two Comcast accounts in MD. 1 account is dominant and immediately recognized by Chrome or IE.

New Poster

I have two Comcast accounts in MD. 1 account is dominant and immediately recognized by Chrome or IE.

If I try to change to look at the bill for the second account or email messages I have to change the password which messes up the first account. I am not sure what to do. The problem as I stated earlier is IE or Chrome immedaiately takes me to the dominant email account. If I email from Xfinity My Account, it takes me to the account the computer remembers which is the one I last used, which is not always the account I want to access. 

Official Employee

Re: I have two Comcast accounts in MD. 1 account is dominant and immediately recognized by Chrome...

Hi @newkid64

This sounds like there is an issue with your web browser remembering your login credentials and keeping you logged in automatically. You can attempt to clear you browser history and cache and cookies to see if this helps. The other way to do it would be to use one browser for one login, and a different browser for your other account login. You can also try manually logging in using your browser's "Incognito" mode. 

Please let me know if this helps or if you need further support. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert

Re: I have two Comcast accounts in MD. 1 account is dominant and immediately recognized by Chrome or

newkid64 wrote:

If I try to change to look at the bill for the second account or email messages I have to change the password which messes up the first account. I am not sure what to do. The problem as I stated earlier is IE or Chrome immedaiately takes me to the dominant email account. If I email from Xfinity My Account, it takes me to the account the computer remembers which is the one I last used, which is not always the account I want to access. 

Are you attempting to use the same password for both accounts?  If so, that's why you're automatically logging into the main account as that is the one that will be recognized.  You should have separate passwords for each email address.  Then, you can log out of the primary address and then sign in to the secondary account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: I have two Comcast accounts in MD. 1 account is dominant and immediately recognized by Chrome...

Kudos Again!

If that's the case, then I agree. Thanks for adding that!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon