Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I have been unable to get email for the last 4 days. Ealier it took 3 hours to download from your server. Now it just "sync's"

New Poster

I have been unable to get email for the last 4 days. Ealier it took 3 hours to download from your server. Now it just "sync's"

I have been unable to get email for the last 4 days. Ealier it took 3 hours to download from your server. Now it just "syncs". I have WIN 10 and OUTlook 2016.

What is the status of the repair??

New Poster

Re: I have been unable to get email for the last 4 days. Ealier it took 3 hours to download from your server. Now it just "sync's"

On Sunday I was having a problem and finally found out that Comcast knew there was a problem and they were working on it. I was able to get email about an hour later.  Today, 11/11/15, I could not get email and instead got a message that there was an unauthorized attempt to get into my Comcast account and to change my password. Later today, I read about 2 possible buggy Microsoft Tuesday updates that were compromising Outlook email including Outlook 13, 10, and 7. I have Outlook 2003 and it, too was affected.  Seems like one might have something to do with the other. I answered my security questions, reset my password and was able to get my Outlook email on my home computers but I still cannot get my email on my Android device. My husband is out of town and he had the same complaints. The buggy updates are KB3097887 and KB3101746.  Several IT people said that uninstalling those two updates stopped the problems. I don't know if this helps but if more people contribute, we may eventually get an answer. Below is the link to my information:  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/482486ba-a378-4dcd-bd21-08ae19760b93/crashes-since...

Contributor

Re: I have been unable to get email for the last 4 days. Ealier it took 3 hours to download from your server. Now it just "sync's"

Interesting - on my laptop these updates were done around 5:30 am - and by 4:30 pm today I started having email issues on my Desktop with Outlook, and iPhone - I, too, got that 'account compromised' message this evening and went thru the steps to reset my email - it seems to be working ok on my Desktop (I think) BUT I can only receive on my iPhone - and CANNOT send - get a message about 'username/pw incorrect on my xxxxsmtp.comcast.net account'.....ug, soo frustrating, I don't know what to do to fix it on my phone!

New Poster

Yesterday a micxrosoft tech fixed my problem. I actually got a followup email from MS that prompted the chat and fix. I think the originalproblem was a Comcast problem.