Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I got an email from comcast stating update account or service will be terminated is this a scam?

Frequent Visitor

I got an email from comcast stating update account or service will be terminated is this a scam?

Email say's Important notice from techiical support. Update what 

Problem Solver

Re: I got an email from comcast stating update account or service will be terminated is this a scam?

Could you be a little more specific on what was actually in the email? 

<<<< "Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman >>>>
Problem Solver

Re: I got an email from comcast stating update account or service will be terminated is this a scam?

@hakirby wrote:

Email say's Important notice from techiical support. Update what 

If there is a link asking you to use for update, it is a scam.

If you sign on to the Comcast Site as normal, and check under My Account or Support, if anything was needed it would show there.

I would ignore using any links on the message and delete it.

Frequent Visitor

This is a part of the message

Dear customer

Update required to cancel limitation

It has come to our attention that user profile records are out of date. This requires you to log in within 24 hours 

click below to open secure window 

Frequent Visitor

I sent it to my scam folder. I am a little worried because comcast is working on an email problem that I am having. I created a new Comcast email at their suggestion my primary email is not getting some of my but my new one gets the missing. Even if Xfinity sends an email on both accounts I only get it on my newly created account. I reported to them that I have been getting someone else's email over the last 3 years I have saved several pages in a file then I blocked any emails that had her name in it and this worked I have not got one in quite a while. One of the emails had clues in it to help me track her down I think I have her address nad phone number. I have to call Exfinity Monday with my ticket number to see if they found anything. Thank you for your help. 

H Kirby

Gold Problem Solver

@hakirby wrote: ... It has come to our attention that user profile records are out of date. ...

It's a phishing email, a scammer attempt to steal login and account information. If you check your email with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail, look for the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email).

Please see Comcast Email Phish or Legit? How to Tell (and rules for posting) for more information about identifying, reporting, and posting phishing emails. The article is somewhat out of date, but still useful.

Samples of recent phishing messages can be found at https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/alerts/ under "Top Phishing Scams".

Frequent Visitor

I received your e-mail with the xfinity logo asking what solution I used. Thanks to all for the help I just ignored the e-mail. I do not get e-mails from xfinity with the logo to this account. I created a second e-mail account and I do get xfinity e-mails to the new account with the security logo. Xfinity sends weekly e-mails and I only get them on my newly created e-mail account. 

Howard Kirby

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation