Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I do not know how to set up my Comcast accounts so that I can use e-mail... I am 83

New Poster

I do not know how to set up my Comcast accounts so that I can use e-mail... I am 83

I do not know how to set up my Comcast accounts so that I can use e-mail... I am 83.   I could not understand the person I was speaking to.   

I am having trouble with things called smtp and so forth.   Peggy

Email Expert

Re: I do not know how to set up my Comcast accounts so that I can use e-mail... I am

Are you using an email client like Outlook, Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail?  Those are separate programs on your computer.  They are optional.  If you don't want to use one of those, you can just use the Comcast webmail.  Sign into your Comcast account using a browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome, and you should land on the Xfinity homepage.  In the left pane click on email and it should take you to your Inbox page.  If you use only the webmail, there are no settings to worry about.

Are you using a Windows based machine?  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon