Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I can't get my email to load

Frequent Visitor

I can't get my email to load

It must be 'just me' since I do not see anyone else screaming about the fact that they can't get to their email. for the last week or so( in NH) at least 50% of the time email will not load. Perhaps it is because the front page of Comcast is so loaded down with ads and completely useless junk that it takes minutes for that page to load... and after loading is done,( sometimes it does not completely load or I just give up and cancel) when I click to go to email I will get the little blue circle of death ( loading icon) and after a few minutes of watching 3 little circles on a blank page blink on and off, I'll get ' connection error. the service is not available right now.'...golly gee, thanks for letting me know.  Once in a while, I'll get a ' 400 bad request your browser sent an invalid request'.. and that is after 3-5 minutes of trying to get to email.  I have spoken to support twice and they assume me nothing is wrong with Comcast. I called support a third time and they asked me to verify:  may I have your phone number... that checked; may I have your name..that checked; may I have your address, that checked, may I have your account number... I have no idea what it is...I'm sorry he said, then I can't help you...WHAT? yes, that is our policy, we must verify who you are. are you serious? I JUST GAVE YOU ALL MY INFO. AND THAT IS HOW MUCH I LOVE COMCAST  (sorry--I hit the caps by mistake...) outside for email... all other pages load quickly...

Email Expert

Re: I can't get my email to load

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: I can't get my email to load

A poster suggested that I erase cookies or history or something like that. I think I had my history set to erase all every day. He also suggested that I use another browser ( lords a leaping! I love that computer talk but am not quite sure what it means)... I think I switched browsers... the getting to my email seems to be 'a tad better' but have still run into times when it tells me to 'retry' after minutes... but it still is very slow to load. I still want to blame Comsast.....but that is just the way i am.