Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to transfer address book entries to the Xfinity e mail address listing

New Poster

How to transfer address book entries to the Xfinity e mail address listing

When adding a new e mail address to my address book from an incoming e mail it goes smoothly. However, when I want to send an e mail to that same individual, when I click on my e mail address listing to add it to my e mail, it is not there. How do I get the new e mail address into my e mail address listing.

Tks,

CEH

Email Expert

Re: How to transfer address book entries to the Xfinity e mail address listing

Exactly what do you mean when you refer to your "email listing"?  Are you talking about an entry in the address book?  There are about 3 ways to send an email to someone, assuming you have them entered into the address book, other than manually typing the address in:

1)  Just start typing their name in the To: field when composing the message.  Their name and address should show up in a drop-down list that you can select them from.

2)  Click on the "To;" button to the left of the field and it should open your address listings and you can select it from there.

3)  You can go to the person's entry in the address book and email them directly from there.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I guess I did not explain myself correctly, so I will try again. Adding an e mail address to my "address book" is not the problem. The problem occurs when I draft an e mail with multiple addressees. When I click on the address box(es)such as "to", "cc". "bcc" the new e mail address is not in that listing of e mail addresses. Why? How can I get the new address in my address book to become part of my e mail address listing to appear when I go to "to", "cc", "bcc" during the e mail drafting process?

Thanks,

CEH 

Email Expert

Ok when you start typing someone's name into any of those fields, a list should open in a drop-down menu.  The one you are typing should be there if you have it in your address book, or even just if you've manually typed it in.  The auto-fill feature has it's own memory.  If it's not working, try having the address book re-synced. You need to send an email to helpme@sv.comcast.com In the subject line put "Need Slow Sync of Address Book". In the body of the message describe the problem, and make sure you include the email address with the issue. It can take up to 24 hours for the re-sync to work, but it's usually faster than that.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon