discussions

How to move email folders on a mac

Highlighted
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3 (5,212 Views)

How to move email folders on a mac

How do I move email folders on a mac.  Mine won't move, they either go inside another folder or they bounce back.  I want mine to be in alpha order.  thx

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3 (5,204 Views)

Re: How to move email folders on a mac

i created 3 new folders to test . Seems i have to drag folder down till a blue line with circle shows up .

0----------------            and the "smart mailboxes" is circled and highlighted 

if you drag down up down without letting go of click you can see what i mean . When you see the blue line with circle O-------------          let go of folder 

easier to do then explain

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-14-2012 03:12 AM

Networking Expert

Message 3 of 3 (5,194 Views)

Re: How to move email folders on a mac

[ Edited ]

What version of Mac Mail are you using?  I can drag/drop email folders to any position.  To drag a folder between two others you have to be careful about drop placement and wait til you get the little blue line with a tiny circle on the left end or else you might end up dragging the source folder INSIDE another folder.  I'm using Mail 5.2 on OS X 10.7.3. 

EDIT: Ah, I see UFHhd said essentially the same thing.  Well, that's two votes for it working ;-)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program