Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to get email from all my Comcast email addresses using new webmail system?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

How to get email from all my Comcast email addresses using new webmail system?

I have six Comcast.net email addresses, but the new webmail system will ONLY show me email from the main account! How do I access my other email addresses' inboxes using the new webmail system?

Accepted Solution

Re: How to get email from all my Comcast email addresses using new webmail system?

At some point you will be able to enable all your Comcast accounts just as you would external email accounts from other providers.  However, that feature has not yet been enabled in the new email format.  So your best bet right now would be to enable them in a desktop email client like MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail or some other.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Re: How to get email from all my Comcast email addresses using new webmail system?

At some point you will be able to enable all your Comcast accounts just as you would external email accounts from other providers.  However, that feature has not yet been enabled in the new email format.  So your best bet right now would be to enable them in a desktop email client like MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail or some other.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for letting me know that isn't possible yet - you've saved me a lot of time!

Just FYI, I've been using Thunderbird for a very long time, and usually it easily accomodates all 6 of my comcast email addresses. It's just that I ran into a problem recently in which Thunderbird failed to get my more recent emails, so the only way to read them was using webmail. I just solved that problem by updating to Thunderbird v52...

Email Expert

Anon16926 wrote:

Thanks for letting me know that isn't possible yet - you've saved me a lot of time!

Just FYI, I've been using Thunderbird for a very long time, and usually it easily accomodates all 6 of my comcast email addresses. It's just that I ran into a problem recently in which Thunderbird failed to get my more recent emails, so the only way to read them was using webmail. I just solved that problem by updating to Thunderbird v52...

I use Mac Mail------my desktop is an older iMac.  The old email format in Comcast has the capability to fetch mail from external accounts, but it has been trouble-prone on it's best days.  Other webmail providers offer the same capability, like Yahoo, Outlook.com and Gmail.  However, they all limit the number of accounts you can set up in them, so that gets to be problematic too.  I'll be really interested to see how it goes in the new Comast format.  In the old one there is no limit that I know of as to how many you can add.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon