Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to get comcast.net emails forwarded to another email?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

How to get comcast.net emails forwarded to another email?

I don't use my comcast.net email account, but all my Comcast/Xfinity emails go there. How do I get those emails forwarded to another account? Even better, how would I get the Comast emails just sent to another account and just bypass my comcast.net email account. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: How to get comcast.net emails forwarded to another email?

To Auto-Forward----

Sign in to your account, and then click on either Account or My Account at the top of the page. It will ask you to sign in again. That will take you to a page with tabs at the top. The one to the right is "Users and Preferences". Click on that, and it will open a page with Basic and Email settings. Click on Email settings, and look down the page to Forwarding. Click on the greyed out button to the right to turn it on and then follow the prompts.

To just change your contact email address for getting billing and other stuff from Comcast, follow the same procedure, but instead of clicking on Email, stay on the Basic tab.  Look down to "Contact Emails".  Enter the other email address as an alternate, then switch it to make it the Preferred contact address.  It looks like this-----------

Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 12.59.07 PM.jpg

View answer in context
Email Expert

To Auto-Forward----

Sign in to your account, and then click on either Account or My Account at the top of the page. It will ask you to sign in again. That will take you to a page with tabs at the top. The one to the right is "Users and Preferences". Click on that, and it will open a page with Basic and Email settings. Click on Email settings, and look down the page to Forwarding. Click on the greyed out button to the right to turn it on and then follow the prompts.

To just change your contact email address for getting billing and other stuff from Comcast, follow the same procedure, but instead of clicking on Email, stay on the Basic tab.  Look down to "Contact Emails".  Enter the other email address as an alternate, then switch it to make it the Preferred contact address.  It looks like this-----------

Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 12.59.07 PM.jpg

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Frustrated.  Your instructions to simply go to my settings to get email forwarded were not correct.  

There is not Email Forwarding tab or button for Comcast business.  

How can I get my comcast email to always forward to another email address?

Email Expert

The instructions I posted are correct.  They assume you are using either the primary or an unrestricted secondary account.  If you have a restricted account you won't be able to enable forwarding.  Do you know what kind of account you have?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am not the primary person on the Comcast account where my email address 'lives'. I want to start auto forward for my email but when I go to the "Users and Preferences" page there is no "Email Settings" tab, only a "Basic Settings" tab. The primary person on the account does not use Comcast for his email; only I use comcast. I want to forward all my email to a new Outlook account I have opened. Outlook says they are importing all my current/past email from Comcast but that I must activate the email auto forwarding feature in my Comcast email account. How do I do that when there is no "Email Settings" tab?

Email Expert

It sounds like you have a restricted secondary account.  You need to get the Primary account holder to enable your permissions and make it an unrestricted account.  That's why you're not seeing the tab.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon