Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to extend the time, when an email in INBOX list is highlighted, before it is marked as READ?

New Poster

How to extend the time, when an email in INBOX list is highlighted, before it is marked as READ?

In older Xfinity email, I customized how long I could "sit" on an email in my INBOX list before it was automatically marked as READ.  I had it set to about 4 seconds.  In the new email, the moment I highlight an email in the list, it is marked as READ, even though I haven't opened it.   

Especially a problem when I delete one email and th e system jumps to the next email in the list, marking it as READ. 

How to fix?

Email Expert

Re: How to extend the time, when an email in INBOX list is highlighted, before it is marked as READ?

What you are describing is the default behavior in the new email format.  If you want to select a message in the list without opening it, click on the checkbox to the left of it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon