Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to delete emails wthout opening them first?

New Poster

How to delete emails wthout opening them first?

I am trying to learn how to delete emails without opening up each one first.  The new Comcast email page has no way to hit the delete button outside of each email.  Instead, you must go through and open up each one, then press delete.  I have as many as 20 or 30 emails a day. A good number of them are complete junk.  Does Comcast really expect me to view every single one and take hours deleting them individually?  I am assuming I am missing something obvious rather than that Comcast set up their new email page poorly.  Any ideas??

Frequent Visitor

Re: How to delete emails wthout opening them first?

OKay, I had a similar problem and it is resolved "sort of."  For years with Comcast, I could highlight each email I wanted to delete by checking the box next to the listing and then clicking on delete.  All those highlighted emails would happily disappear.  A few weeks ago, I began noticing that most of the time when I clicked on the box next to the email, the email opened.  Sometimes I could click on a few boxes and delete them but gradually it became more and more dificult.  It became a one at a time, excrutiatingly painful process to delete multiple emails.  Lots of answers on the internet, most of which were way beyond my technical skills.  Contacted comcast email "chat" support and I was told I could restore the "old" system by switching to the "Lite" version of Comcast and that would enable me to delete multiple emails.  Went to Accounts>Preferences>General>and eventually to a place where I could click on "Lite."  Saved the change, exited out of my browser and when I got back in, I was able to highlight and deleted selected emails as in the past.  THAT was  tremendous relief.  

However, during the chat, I asked the tech what the difference was between the Lite and whatever it was I was using.  He said the "other " version has more features but I wasn't losing anything.  That did not make sense to me but rather than try to continue working through the language barrier with the tech, I thanked him and ended the chat. When I made the change to "Lite," on my computer,  Comcast warned me that they recommended the "Full' version, not the "Lite" because I wont have all the features with the Lite.  I didn't have time to try to check out those features so I don't know what I am missing yet.  I am living with Lite now to save my sanity, but I have one really important question that  I wish just one person could answer in a rational and understandable manner---

I had the Full version all along and was able to delete selected multiple emails without a problem.  So why did this handy feature change in that version?  Who in their right mind would remove this feature from what they call the "Full" version and keep it in the Lite version?   Why does Comcast keep making changes that make their email less user friendly?  

Email Expert

Re: How to delete emails wthout opening them first?

4772 wrote:

I am trying to learn how to delete emails without opening up each one first.  The new Comcast email page has no way to hit the delete button outside of each email.  Instead, you must go through and open up each one, then press delete.  I have as many as 20 or 30 emails a day. A good number of them are complete junk.  Does Comcast really expect me to view every single one and take hours deleting them individually?  I am assuming I am missing something obvious rather than that Comcast set up their new email page poorly.  Any ideas??

Just check the little box to the left of the messages you want to delete and then click on Delete in the toolbar.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon