Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to delete e-mails permanently ?

New Poster

How to delete e-mails permanently ?

Is there a way to permanently delete e-mails from the Trash Folder without tyhe e-mails going to the "Recover Deleted Items" list. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How to delete e-mails permanently ?

Doesn't look like it.

Email Expert

vmoncrief40 wrote:

Is there a way to permanently delete e-mails from the Trash Folder without tyhe e-mails going to the "Recover Deleted Items" list. 

No, there really isn't.  This is a fairly new feature, and was added because Comcast got so many requests from people who deleted messages only to find out later they really needed them back.  It's supposed to only go back 15 days, but mine currently goes back about two months, after which they drop off permanently, except for a few odd-balls from like 6 months ago.  It is not really consistent.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

To me and others this seems to be a problem. I receive sensitive business and personal email that I would not want prying eyes to be able to "recover" after I have permanently deleted them. I do like and respect the recovery option and realize how much work it wil save the help desk however there needs to be an option, even within the recover window to get rid of them. How about a setting where the recovery feature could be turned off? 

Email Expert

Since I last posted in here last January, the feature seems to follow the 15 day rule more consistently now.  So if you trash something, it should be gone from in there in 15 days.  Note that it usually takes 24 hours for a deleted item to appear in the feature in the first place.  There was some discussion about the privacy issue when this was first put in place, but so far Comcast has done nothing else with it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon