Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to contract all folders in Comast e-mail server

Frequent Visitor

How to contract all folders in Comast e-mail server

If I right click on Mailboxes, I see "Expand All."  How do I "contract all" subfolders in Comcast e-mail server? 

Email Expert

Re: How to contract all folders in Comast e-mail server

Click on the little black arrowhead to the left of "Inbox" to hide any subfolders.  Same applies to any other folder with sub-folders.  To hide everything click on the black arrowhead next to "Mailboxes".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I don't think you understood the problem.  I have hundreds of subfolders on my Comcast e-mail server and once they are ALL expanded, which seems to be the default, I have to go to each folder with subfolders and click on the black arrow to hide it's subfolders.  That's a huge amount of work and it makes finding a topic very difficult.  

Isn't there some way in the Comcast e-mail system to "Contract All Folders" as there is an option to "Expand All."  When I do a "Move" operation my listing of folders seem to always come up all open and expanded.  Isn't there a way to make the default so that the list of folders in my e-mail server directory listing just comes up with the top level folders and leaves all the subfolders hidden? 

Thanks for your help. I've had several Comcast chats on this problem with no answers, even though they agreed to put me in touch with a Comcast e-mail expert but didn't follow up on that.  I even sent an e-mail to Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience at Comcast but never even heard back from him!  

Thanks, 

Dufus_guy

Email Expert

Based on what you describe, I have to say no, Comcast email has no such capability.  But then I don't know of any other webmail program that does either.  You might have better control of folders using one of the email clients like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help but your answer did nothing to help solve my problem.  The only thing that helps is if I can remember the name of the destination folder for a Move operation and the Comcast e-mail system will find that folder, out of the 100s if not 1000s of subfolders that I have defined, and transfer that message into that folder.  

I've had Comcast e-mail for many years and have several GB of e-mails stored on the Comcast e-mail server.  It's rare that I ever download an e-mail message into my PC. 

Lately, I've been using BCC: for all addresses and in the body of the text, I insert, "BCC: Brown kids, Empty Nesters, etc but none of their e-mail IDs are shown.  A good practice?  That way the folks who receive the e-mail know who else by name got a copy, so they don't forward a second copy to them, but it does not compromise their e-mail address.  I found that Comcast e-mail is content to have blank TO: and CC: fields with only BCC: filled in.