How to change back to old email format

ANSWERED
New Poster

How to change back to old email format

I want to move off of Xfinity Connect.

How do I do that ?

Accepted Solution

Re: How to change back to old email format

Once an account is migrated to the new format, you cannot go back to the older one.  At some point down the road, everyone will be on the new format anyway.  It is still a work in progress though.

View answer in context
Service Expert

sterinm wrote:

I want to move off of Xfinity Connect.

How do I do that ?

Not exactly clear what you want to do.  Do you mean you no longer want an @comcast.net email account or you don't want to continue going to webmail to check and send emails?

If the latter, you can use any email client [program] you like to continue using your @comcast.net email.  You wouldn't need to access the webmail interface then and emails would reside on your computer.  There are plenty of free email clients out there, including one I'm using almost exclusively now, Thunderbird, but there are many others.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

To be clear, I want to keep my @comcast.net email account and even access it via the comcast homepage.

My other accounts are still on an older platform or something and not this "connect" version.  I would like to have them all on the same, older one.

if it helps, the url on what I am calling the older one reads:   web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra

and this new one which is really bad is  :                                connect.xfinity.com/appsuite

Is this possible?
Thanks!

Email Expert

Once an account is migrated to the new format, you cannot go back to the older one.  At some point down the road, everyone will be on the new format anyway.  It is still a work in progress though.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

got it.  thanks Smiley Sad

is there a tutorial or anything to make the experience less frustrating?

Email Expert

On the Inbox page, click on the gear icon under your name in the upper right corner of the screen.  You will see three guided tours you can look at to get you started.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Am spitting fire.  Xfinity just changed the page stuff when you sign into email.  How about just plain English and not the funny characters at the top, to select what to do with the mail?   I can read, and if I couldnt, I wouldnt be here in the first place.  I dont need a grabage can symbol to click on, I know what the word "delete" means, as well as reply, all reply, forward, spam.  It is plain dumb to have symbols, and dont say what you mean to do.  As bad a the car manafacturers who put those silly things on all the knobs and buttons.  Apparently there is no place, at least I can find, to say NO to their change.  Leave me alone.  I came here because a former email supplier did similar.

Email Expert

dandoug wrote:

Am spitting fire.  Xfinity just changed the page stuff when you sign into email.  How about just plain English and not the funny characters at the top, to select what to do with the mail?   I can read, and if I couldnt, I wouldnt be here in the first place.  I dont need a grabage can symbol to click on, I know what the word "delete" means, as well as reply, all reply, forward, spam.  It is plain dumb to have symbols, and dont say what you mean to do.  As bad a the car manafacturers who put those silly things on all the knobs and buttons.  Apparently there is no place, at least I can find, to say NO to their change.  Leave me alone.  I came here because a former email supplier did similar.

If you don't like the new UI, you can always enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or some other.  That way you don't have to look at the webmail interface.

Just sayin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation