Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to change and then SAVE change to email default font

Regular Visitor

How to change and then SAVE change to email default font

How do I SAVE my changes to my email font? I have gone to Settings, changed the font, logged out of my email account and then turned off the computer. Nothing works. I have been reading similar questions regarding this issue on the board but to no avail - There is no way to save the change in settings and the same instructions that the Email Expert gives out each time does not work. Then the problem is directed to the forum admins for follow-up yet we never get to see what they have to say and if the problem was solved. It would be much appreciated if someone would direct me to the proper process that will change my default email font.

Email Expert

Re: How to change and then SAVE change to email default font

This is a known issue for some users.  It is believed to be browser related, and I am told it's being worked on.  I'm assuming you are in the new email format.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes. I am in the new email format.

My font changed unexpectedly about a month ago. So what do you recommend do about this issue? I was thinking about bringing my computer into Best Buy and having the Geek Squad look at it. Would they be able to fix it? I called Comcast's technical support today and they told me they would fix the problem within an hour. It's eight hours later and the font issue has still not been resolved.

Regular Visitor

Also, I am having an issue with the email font while using the most current Google Chrome browser.

I just went under the Firefox browser and my email font has changed to my desired font type and size.

I want to continue using the Google Chrome browser though. You stated it was a browser problem and they are working on it. So am I to assume they are working on the Google Chrome browser and if so, what is the status of this problem being solved?

Email Expert

Bob_Cowhey wrote:

Yes. I am in the new email format.

My font changed unexpectedly about a month ago. So what do you recommend do about this issue? I was thinking about bringing my computer into Best Buy and having the Geek Squad look at it. Would they be able to fix it? I called Comcast's technical support today and they told me they would fix the problem within an hour. It's eight hours later and the font issue has still not been resolved.

No, the Geek Squad will not be able to fix this issue.  The problem is related to the Appsuite email software.  It has to be fixed on the Comcast side.  Until it is sorted out, you can just change the fonts on a per-message basis when composing.  Or, you could enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, and use the client's extensive formatting abilities which are much better than the webmail to begin with.  Or you could enable the account in another email account you might have like Gmail, Outlook.com or Yahoo.  All of those have the ability to act as a wannabe client.  They have their own formatting abilities.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am not going to manually set my font everytime I compose an email.

I changed my browser to Firefox.

Problem solved.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation