Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do you view an attachment in an email? Clicking on it did nothing I can see.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

How do you view an attachment in an email? Clicking on it did nothing I can see.

I wrote an email and added an attachment (in Word). I clicked on it and I cannot see anything. How do I ensure it is, 1) there and, 2) is what I wish to send. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you view an attachment in an email? Clicking on it did nothing I can see.

If the attachment is an image file of some kind like a jpeg or png or something like that, look over to the far right side of the compose page and click on this_____________

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 7.41.19 PM.jpg

And you will get a preview of the image------------------

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 7.49.52 PM.jpg

View answer in context
Email Expert

Re: How do you view an attachment in an email? Clicking on it did nothing I can see.

Assuming you are on the new email format---------------After you attach the item, you should see a number and "attachment".  To the left of it will be a paperclip icon and a small black arrowhead.  Click on that and it will display the title of the item.  It looks like this--------------------------

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 2.00.54 PM.jpg

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I saw that and wanted to click and open it to ensure it was the correct one before sending. I put the email in the draft folder and then retrieved it and was able to open the attachment. Seems as little tedious. Thanks again.

Email Expert

If the attachment is an image file of some kind like a jpeg or png or something like that, look over to the far right side of the compose page and click on this_____________

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 7.41.19 PM.jpg

And you will get a preview of the image------------------

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 7.49.52 PM.jpg

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I replied back on December 1. Thank you.

New Poster

This thread is marked "solved" but it is not solved.  I also cannot open an attachment  while I'm COMPOSING an email to make sure that it is the correct attachment.  If I save it as a draft, and open the draft, then I am given the option to View, Open in Browser, or Download, but not while I'm COMPOSING the email.  I have called Comcast 2 times on this issue and both times I was told 1) they had not heard of this complaint before and 2) when the representative tries to duplicate my complaint, they have no problem opening the attachment while they are COMPOSING, 3) that I would get a call back from Tier 2 support within 48 hours and 4) even though my 4 other Comcast email addresses are still under the old format, Comcast cannot switch my newest email to the old format.  The old format allows me to click on the attachment, while I'm COMPOSING, and open it up to view it.  So today I called Comcast a third time.  I was told that someone from the Comcast Tier 2 support did call me back yesterday in the morning, but because I did not answer, they closed the ticket.  Tier 2 will not leave a message or a phone number to return the call because they do not take direct phone calls.  Come on Comcast, get your act together and improve your customer service.