Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I view two Comcast email addresses at once?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

How do I view two Comcast email addresses at once?

I have two Comcast email addresses.  I'd like to use them both at the same time.  Currently I sign out of one, then sign into the other.  That wastes time.  And I can't see if there is new activity in the address I am not signed into.

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I view two Comcast email addresses at once?

Another option and probably the easiiest---------sign into one account.  And then in the same browser open a private browsing page.  Sign into the other account.  The private browsing feature treats it like a second browsing session.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Use an e-mail client like Outlook, OSX Mail, Thunderbird, etc.   Or open two browser windows or tabs and log in.

Email Expert

Another option and probably the easiiest---------sign into one account.  And then in the same browser open a private browsing page.  Sign into the other account.  The private browsing feature treats it like a second browsing session.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I understand the Thunderbird option.  I'm looking for an alternative way to view more than one account at the same time.

I use Firefpx as a browser.  Is the "private browser page" option available via Firefox, or in some other manner?

My thanks to both of you for your advice.

Email Expert

All of the popular browsers have it.  In Firefox, look all the way to the right of your address and search bars.  You should see a small stack of three lines.  Click on it and you will see a mask icon for private browsing.  After you open the new window, navigate to the second account in Comcast and sign into it.  You can then pop in and out of either one at will, and you can move the windows around so you can see both at the same time if you like.  It looks like this---------------------

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 6.48.56 AM.jpg

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

What you describe works for me.  Private Browsing seems to do something that merely opening another window does not.  It's a bit awkward to have two windows open on a small screen, but I'll get used to it.  Why does Private Browsing serve as the key in this case?

Email Expert

It's because the  private bowsing window is treated by the browser as a separate session, unconnected to the first one. It's the same effect as if you had opened another browser on the same computer.  For example, say you had opened the first account using Internet Explorer, and then opened a session of Firefox to open the second one.  Using a private browser window accomplishes the same thing for your puposes.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Why does Comcast want to make it hard to sign on to more than one addess at a time?  Is there some better way to achieve the same ends?  In my case, I have an address for family, one for everyone else, and one I use when I have to provide an email address to a website.  I know of others with more than three.  I think most would want to be able to see what was happening at each address at one glance, and take action without signing in and out, and without switching windows.