Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I undo marking a sender as "Spam"?

New Poster

How do I undo marking a sender as "Spam"?

I use Xfinity's webmail for all of my mail and recently marked several incoming messages as spam by mistake.  Fortunately messages from those senders go to the "Spam" mail folder.  I then mark them as "not spam".  That message is moved to my inbox ... but just for that message.  The process starts over when I receive another message from that sender.  How can this be reversed? 

I can't create an appoved list because I receive messages from many senders as part of my business and from the public (who would not be on the white list).

Thanks in advance.

Email Expert

Re: How do I undo marking a sender as "Spam"?

Just keep marking them as Not Spam.  Usually, if you mark them as spam it takes a lot more markings before they start going to the Spam folder all the time.  So it may take a while to reverse it by just marking them not spam.  Also, there is no "whitelist" function in Comast webmail.  There is a safe list but that is a very different animal.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: How do I undo marking a sender as "Spam"?

I finally got a phone call from Comcast.  She said to keep marking messages as Not Spam.  I gave her a list of the senders for whom this was not working for and she added them to the white list. She indicated that I cannot do this myself and need to phone 1-855-484-1453 (Advanced Problem Solving) and provide the senders' addresses for inclusion in the white list. 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation