Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I move collected email addresses to my address book?

New Poster

How do I move collected email addresses to my address book?

I have a lot of email addresses in my "collected addresses" that are not in my Address Book.

How can I move all of them to my Address Book?

Do I have to move one at a time?

Copy and paste does not work....you can only click the box next to it.

Email Expert

Re: How do I move collected email addresses to my address book?

Check the box to the left of the contact, then the "hamburger" icon will become active in the toolbar.  It looks like this----------------------

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 1.37.21 PM.jpg

When you click on that icon a small menu will appear.  Click on "Move" and another menu will appear.  If My Address Book is active, click on Address Book or Collected Addresses to deactivate it.  Then click on Address Book to select it.  Click on Move in the lower right corner to move the selected contacts.  But an easier way is to drag and drop contacts from the list to the Address Book.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I tried this. Tried to move and also tried to copy the address from collected addresses to address book. Both times it said "you cannot move items to virtual folders". Any idea how to get around this?

@Latoque wrote:

Check the box to the left of the contact, then the "hamburger" icon will become active in the toolbar.  It looks like this----------------------

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 1.37.21 PM.jpg

When you click on that icon a small menu will appear.  Click on "Move" and another menu will appear.  If My Address Book is active, click on Address Book or Collected Addresses to deactivate it.  Then click on Address Book to select it.  Click on Move in the lower right corner to move the selected contacts.  But an easier way is to drag and drop contacts from the list to the Address Book.

Email Expert

I just used drag-and-drop to move a contact from Collected addresses to the Address book and it worked just fine for me.  I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 machine.  Maybe try using a different browser?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you, Latoque. That worked just fine. I just have to learn the nuances of web-based Xfinity email because for some reason I can no longer acces it via Windows Live Mail.

Email Expert

@Cindyr941 wrote:

Thank you, Latoque. That worked just fine. I just have to learn the nuances of web-based Xfinity email because for some reason I can no longer acces it via Windows Live Mail.

As an aside-------Microsoft no longer supports Windows Live Mail.  If you want to use a good desktop email client consider Mozilla Thunderbird.  It's been around a long time, is still supported by Mozilla and can do pretty much anything WLM could do.  But if you want to persist with WLM, try deleting the account and then re-creating it from scratch.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation