Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I find the email deletion schedule so I can change what they have it set at?

New Poster

How do I find the email deletion schedule so I can change what they have it set at?

How do I change to the number of days my deleted email are held in the trash folder?  This apparently is a change from the old email and not knowing they changed it has caused me tons of problems.  I'm told there is a deletion schedule that can be accessed to make changes to the number of days it is held.  Where is that?

Email Expert

Re: How do I find the email deletion schedule so I can change what they have it set at?

If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>Email Deletion Schedule.  If you are on the new format, the Trash folder is set at 7 days.  The Spam folder is set at 30.  You cannot change them.  All the other folders are set to retain messages indefinitely.  That said, if you delete a message, it is supposed to show up in the "Recover Deleted Items" feature for 15 days.  You access that by right-clicking on the Trash folder where you will see the option.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon