Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I expand the length of time that sent and deleted mail doesn't get deleted?

New Poster

How do I expand the length of time that sent and deleted mail doesn't get deleted?

Problem Solver

Re: How do I expand the length of time that sent and deleted mail doesn't get deleted?

The step by step instructions on how to alter the number of days emails are retrained before being deleted can be found on this page https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/set-email-deletion-settings/

Hope this helps you out.

New Poster

Re: How do I expand the length of time that sent and deleted mail doesn't get deleted?

Thank you for your reply.

There is no Preferences anymore with the new set-up.

And when I click preferences on the bottom of my page, it brings me to my email.

Problem Solver

Anon757451 wrote:

I'm still using the lite version of comcast mail, so can only speak for myself.   I did check out the links that were posted below and was confused by the instructions mentioned.

In the LITE version, with the email program on screen, at the top of the INBOX listing, I have:

email lite inbox headings.JPG

Click on PREFERENCES, the following is what I see:

Preferences~javascript.png

Choose EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE, I see the following:

email deletion schedule.JPG

Your choice as to what you want.  Choose and be sure to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE...  Smiley Wink

Hope this helps, ciao, bj

EDIT**  probably overkill, but neglected to add screen after Preferences clicked --  choose Email-

pref choice screen.PNG

Smiley Wink

New Poster

How do I stay with the older version? My comcast automatically transformed into the new view.

Thanks for the info but I can't use this with the new view.

Problem Solver

I'm sorry to hear that..  Smiley Sad