Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How can I select/manage auto-save drafts?

Frequent Visitor

How can I select/manage auto-save drafts?

While typing a lengthy email reply on my laptop, something happened that kicked me out of email function back to the Xfinity sign-in page.  I did nothing, touched nothing, it just happened.  I lost my reply and had to start over.  How can I auto-save drafts?  I can do that on my home computer, but I'm away from home and don't remember how to find that menu.  Help.  KJN 

Email Expert

Re: How can I select/manage auto-save drafts?

From the Inbox page, go to  Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>>>Composing>>>>>>>>>>When Sending a Message.  There you will see the box to check to  auto-save Drafts.

For future reference, the next time you lose text like that when typing in most any kind of text field, try holding down the Cntrl key and tap z. See if the missing text reappears.  Try it yourself by typing something in a post and then delete it deliberately.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

OK, thanks, but doesn't answer the whole question.  The "auto-save" box is already checked.  Next question is how can I vary the elapsed time between auto-saves, like every 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes?  On my windows 7 PC at home, that is an option; on my laptop (Windows 10) I can't find it.  KJN

Frequent Visitor

By the way, CTL-Z didn't restore my text I typed as a text, then deleted.  Any other suggestions?  KJN

Email Expert

In the old email format with Comcast, you can't adjust the time interval.  In the new format that is still in testing stage you will be able to adjust it anywhere from one to ten minutes, or just disable it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Visitor

The tips for auto-saving drafts are helpful, though I'm curious about the cause of the underlying problem. Why does the Xfinity email screen periodically refresh to the log-in screen, and force a user who is in the middle of writing an email to restart from scratch or from the most recent auto-save? I experience this problem and find it a nuisance.