online now

discussions

How can I change my Email adress

New Poster

How can I change my Email adress

I would like to change my Email adress
Regular Contributor

Re: How can I change my Email adress

Assuming that your current user name is the master username listed on your Comcast Xfinity account, simply go to the Users And Settings area of the Customer Account Portal and then select "change username." Once you change your username, it also changes your e-mail address also. Your e-mail address on Comcast Xfinity is always in the form of:  username@comcast.net. Once you change your username, you will then be automatically logged out of the Customer Account Portal and you will then re-log into it using your new user name. However, if your current username is not listed as the master user name on your Comcast Xfinity account, then you will have to ask the person in your household who holds the master username on the account to log into the User And Settings area of the Customer Account Portal to do this for you.

For your convience, you can click on the blue letteering above to reach your desination. This is a new feature to this forum with Comcast Xfinity's move the the Lithium platform

I am not paid by Xfinity nor am I an official Xfinity Forum expert. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those in that program & I hope to one day join them. I am a paying customer just like U. Did I happen to answer your question or solve your issue? If so, then please consider giving me Kudos and / or marking my posting as an "Accepted Solution" so that the other contributors can go on to the next issue. Giving me Kudos and / or marking my postings as an "Accepted Solution" is the best way U can thank us. God bless.
Service Expert

robbiestewart89 wrote:

Assuming that your current user name is the master username listed on your Comcast Xfinity account, simply go to the Users And Settings area of the Customer Account Portal and then select "change username." Once you change your username, it also changes your e-mail address also. Your e-mail address on Comcast Xfinity is always in the form of:  username@comcast.net. Once you change your username, you will then be automatically logged out of the Customer Account Portal and you will then re-log into it using your new user name. However, if your current username is not listed as the master user name on your Comcast Xfinity account, then you will have to ask the person in your household who holds the master username on the account to log into the User And Settings area of the Customer Account Portal to do this for you.

For your convience, you can click on the blue letteering above to reach your desination. This is a new feature to this forum with Comcast Xfinity's move the the Lithium platform

Comcast has been using Lithium for a number of years, so this isn't a new feature.

Beware that if you change your username and then you decide you want it back, it's gone, along with all of the email for that email address.  You can't just change it back.  Your username - the part before @comcast.net - goes into a que for 90 days and then is released so that anyone might pick it up.  Your best alternative is to create a NEW username/email address through the Primary account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Again wrote:

Comcast has been using Lithium for a number of years, so this isn't a new feature.

OK, if that is the case. Then how come you couldn't do this, or do this, or do this, or do this, that is insert hyperlinks and set them to open in new windows before the redesign then? Or highlight text in bold, or change the fonts? Also, before the redesign, a link to my home page used to appear on my profile. Now only links to my Facebook and Twitter profiles appear. Care to explain? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am not paid by Xfinity nor am I an official Xfinity Forum expert. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those in that program & I hope to one day join them. I am a paying customer just like U. Did I happen to answer your question or solve your issue? If so, then please consider giving me Kudos and / or marking my posting as an "Accepted Solution" so that the other contributors can go on to the next issue. Giving me Kudos and / or marking my postings as an "Accepted Solution" is the best way U can thank us. God bless.
Email Expert

robbiestewart89 wrote:

Again wrote:

OK, if that is the case. Then how come you couldn't do this, or do this, or do this, or do this, that is insert hyperlinks and set them to open in new windows before the redesign then? Or highlight text in bold, or change the fonts? Also, before the redesign, a link to my home page used to appear on my profile. Now only links to my Facebook and Twitter profiles appear. Care to explain? Inquiring minds want to know.

Because for the last several months Lithium has had issues with the conversion to the new design, and one of them was that only half of the toolbar in the posting box worked.  They released the new version of the forum recently, and a number of fixes were put in place earlier today.  You should be able to do all those HTML things now, as well as using hyperlinks and inserting images into a post.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

robbiestewart89 wrote:

Again wrote:

Even before the recent forum update you could do all of that with a work around.  You had to right click on the Quote button and delete that node from the format bar, then all of the format bar would work [thanks to BruceW for figuring that out for us].  The only thing that changed  between March 8th and March 9th [when the forum update was rolled out] was the Quote button was placed correctly which allows us to do that now without having to use the work around.

Since you've only been around since December, you wouldn't know that information, nor would you  know that it all worked before the previous update.

Apology accepted.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

Again wrote:

Even before the recent forum update you could do all of that with a work around.  You had to right click on the Quote button and delete that node from the format bar, then all of the format bar would work [thanks to BruceW for figuring that out for us].  The only thing that changed  between March 8th and March 9th [when the forum update was rolled out] was the Quote button was placed correctly which allows us to do that now without having to use the work around.

Since you've only been around since December, you wouldn't know that information, nor would you  know that it all worked before the previous update.

Apology accepted.

No "Again," you're right I wouldn't. I may have only been around "officially" since December, but I have always made a point of monitoring this forum. Even as a non-subscriber. Non-suscribers can do that. They just cannot post to this forum. Why did I monitor it as a non-subscriber? Real simple. Because I have other family members who are subscribers of Comcast Xfinity even back in the days when mom and I were on both AT&T and WOW Knology. And everytime thier Internet connection would go down or they had a problem with their computer, guess who they would always call? It wasn't Comcast, nor would they post about their issues on this forum. No, it was and is still always me that gets the call and then I would have to be the one who dealt with Comcast on their behalf. That's what I get for being the only one in my family that's both a Microsoft A+ Certified and CompTIA A+ computer technician.

Even though, what you describe may have been avilable by doing what you all describe as a few "workarounds," and you even giving "thanks to BruceW for figuring that out for us," it's always been my experience that when you circumvent something that's not officially available or is not officially offered by the copyright owners of the software, not only do you and BruceW run the risk of violating Comcast Xfinity's Terms of Service and getting your accounts suspended, you both also run the risk of violating federal law for computer hacking and going to a really nice federal prison cell. Don't belive me? Just ask David Kernell what happened to him when he circumvented Yahoo's security features and broke into then Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin's e-mail account. His federal court trail was held right here in the city where I reside at because he did it while he was a student at the major university here.

Gold Problem Solver

robbiestewart89 wrote: ... it's always been my experience that when you circumvent something that's not officially available or is not officially offered by the copyright owners of the software, not only do you and BruceW run the risk of violating Comcast Xfinity's Terms of Service and getting your accounts suspended, you both also run the risk of violating federal law for computer hacking ...

The workaround described does not access Comcast's network, it just makes accessible in Firefox some forum editor toolbar buttons that have been (mostly) available in other browsers, depending on the browser version, compatibility settings, Comcast and Lithium's mood, the phase of the moon, and goodness knows what else.

The toolbar was accessible in Firefox until, I think, sometime in 2013, when it became necessary to clear the editor windows and then click Preview in order to use them. An "update" 2014 broke the Preview workaround and made the more drastic Quote / Inspect Element / Delete Node workaround necessary (see http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Web-Browsers/forum-update-Reply-Editor/m-p/2204272#M26140. Notice that all the features you describe as New in an earlier post are present in the toolbar image in that message).

These workarounds do not access anything on Comcast's network. They merely change how the browser behaves on a user's computer for the purpose of restoring web page editor functions to what they were before the Komcast Kiddie Koders did their thing, and to what is available in other browsers. Note that the toolbar button functions don't let you do anything that you could not accomplish by entering the appropriate code in using the HTML editor tab.

IANAL, but I do not believe this constitutes improper access or violates copyright or Comcast's TOS. The altered pages exist in the customer's browser for a minute or two, and then they are deleted.

Mr. Kernell was busted for entering an area of a computer system he was not authorized to enter. That's not what is going on here.

Regular Contributor

You all can belive what you want to believe and you can think what you want to think. However, in my 45 years of life, I have ran across many people who have thought the same way that you all do and one of several things usually ends up happening to them. They either wind up getting their accounts suspended, on probation, or in a jail cell. I prey that none of these happens to you all, but I have seen these things happen to others in my 45 years of life. You all would be surprised how may times my mom and I have gotten phone calls and e-mails from people asking for our help to get them out of situations that they get themselves into.

While you all may think that you're not doing anything wrong by altering code or making it appear a certain way in your browser, when you go to post it that way on this forum, it is still going through Comcast Xfininty's network and that, my friends, is what can get you all in trouble because you're still doing so through a "workaround" that was not made officially avilable by the copyright owners of the software.

Service Expert

Robbie, back off and stop being defensive.  You're not winning any "points" here, and if you're trying to land a job with Comcast, you won't be getting it this way.

I can guarantee you that if we were doing something wrong ["we" as in the "Experts"] we would know about it immediately from the forum Administrators.  If you have been monitoring the forums as a non-customer, you would have known about the posting issues that we had before the current update.  And, FWIW, Lithium was well informed of the problems of the software and the work arounds we had to use to make the forums functional for us.

Now that this thread has been sufficiently hijacked, I am going to close it.

From the Forum Guidelines:

4. Stay on topic

Remember that these forums are to be used for help. Always stick to the original topic that was stated by the person who started the thread. If you have a suggestion or comment that is on a different topic, please start a new thread within the appropriate forum.

Trolling is also not permitted.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon